Initiated in the year 2007 by CMS Environment, the awards are for excellence in environmental journalism. It is presented to journalists who have done exemplary investigative and inspired reporting on environmental issues in the country. These biennial awards are a countrywide recognition of journalists (21-35 years of age) who have made a significant contribution in either the print, electronic and online media to an understanding of the nation’s environmental problems.
The winners of the previous awards include Bahar Dutt (CNN-IBN), Amarjyoti Borah (Freelancer), Aarti Dhar (The Hindu), Pierre Fitter (NEWSX), Soma Basu (The Statesman), Manu C Kumar (Manorama News), Juhi Chaudhury (CNN IBN) and Chandan Haygunde (Indian Express), Pritha Chatterjee (Indian Express), Annirudh Ghosal (Indian Express), Manu Moudgil (India Water Portal), to Mr Ritam Halder (Hindustan Times), Ms Aishwarya S Iyer (The Quint), Ms Sowmiya Ashok (The Indian Express).
- The applicants should be in the age group of 21-35 years.
- The awards are open to Indian Journalists from print, electronic and online media (national as well as regional and freelance journalists).
- There are four awards. Two awards in print and one each in electronic and online media.
- The applicants would be required to submit their work i.e. published/ broadcast stories (not more than 3 stories, i.e. print’s scanned copy/e-news or news video or series) along with their application.
- The award comprises of a trophy, citation and prize money of Rs 25,000/- each.
- The last date for receiving applications with all the supporting details is November 07, 2019.
- The applicants would be required to print the application; fill the details; get their editor’s or bureau chief’s signature and organization seal; scan the filled & signed/stamped application and email the application along with their work to firstname.lastname@example.org with cc to email@example.com
- The awards will be selected by an independent eminent jury.
- The awards will be presented on November 30, 2019 (Saturday) at New Delhi during the Award ceremony of 10th Competitive Edition of CMS VATAVARAN at Dr. Ambedkar International Centre at 15 Janpath, New Delhi.
For more details,
Write to Sabyesachi Bharti (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy to email@example.com
Or contact on 91-8826689218/9818367459