The Uttarkashi festival is scheduled for February 25 & 26, 2021 at Uttrakashi Collectorate Auditorium.
The idea behind this festival and forum is to support this unique green movement for conservation through using films, festivals and forums. Outreach and engage with to cross section of stakeholders, including Government of India, Media, Conservation organizations, Experts, Academics, Corporations, Youth and general public and to provide a platform for showcasing the SECURE Himalayas initiatives and programs.
To achieve these goals, we will be conducting below mentioned activities:
- Film screenings on two days of SECURE Himalaya films along with selected awarded/nominated CMS VATAVARAN environmental films on various other relevant environmental issues like water conservation, wildlife conservation, climate change, forest conservation and livelihood & sustainable technologies.
- Competitions for drawing and painting for the students/ youth on the first day of the festival. The best three painting will be selected by an expert committee and will be awarded on the last day of the festival.
- On the spot quiz competition on environment for school children will be held during the film screenings.
- A half day capacity-building workshop on Green Film Making will be conducted. The workshop will teach the basic skills and techniques in filmmaking for creatively expressing environmental ideas and concerns.
- A media outreach session/panel discussion on “Climate Change Reporting and its impact on Himalayan Ecosystem” will also be organized. The idea behind this session is to create an engagement with the environment journalists, conservation organizations, experts, academics, corporations, youth and civil society.